Sunday, March 6, 2005

The Options

When the world says to a lad, "Be a man," it is actually saying, "give up your birthright," Your Divine Right.

The World is God's and Yours, don't give it to Satan.

Deu 11:22-24a For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves. Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours...

Jos 1:5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, [so] I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Makes me think of the movie Fight Club, you know that retardedly profound waste of fake fighting knowledge and make-up. The acting was superb, however and the script very convincing...because it's an idea based upon truth, the truth of hell. And somewhere in the world, there is a Tyler Durden dying to fight to cure his cancer ridden frame of the pain that never ceases in his existence...A similarly frightening truth can be found in the film `Ravenous.'

And there's probably and equally sad reality of some kid all alone, thinking of beating himself up because he can't find the courage to start a fight with another, but that same lack is not really lack at all. It's intelligence, love and yes, courageous to abstain from all forms of violence. The only kind of violence I can validate is that which protects another's right to act intelligently, and courageously in love toward their fellows which also protects innocence, adoration and happiness. Righteousness is in all these, whether you are the protector, the caregiver or the "lamb," all are equally righteous and the least is the greatest.

A Society and Culture that entreats lambs to become "Jack," is unredeemable.

I mean, the first time I saw Fight Club, I loved it, and I immediately went out and got drunk and felt like kicking someone's ass. It was the classic, knee-jerk, Satan's tool reaction to hollywood magic. But if I only had a mirror at that moment or if anyone had a camera and was filming me, I could barely stand and the sentences I thought to form when I opened my mouth all came out, "Blargh, I am narf come , and what you say?! I'll your Momma and I...where's my ..huh?" Or something like that and an old lady could have beat me soundly if she were straight and healthy.

The really frightening part of it all is that there are kids out there who actually started there own "Fight Clubs," the silly, rancid fruits, and all this time, Brad Pitt is sitting at home in some air-conditioned highrise in Hollywood or wherever that cheesehead lives, having his pecker manicured by some featherweight named Raul or something while overindulging in steroids to get ready for his next blasphemous million dollar making film...

I hate to crush your dreams, kids, but this has NOTHING to do with reality or life. It has to do with Satan' hunger and the Grave that is never full...(Pro 30:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth [that] is not filled with water; and the fire [that] saith not, [It is] enough.)

But Satan can't fight you if you don't give him a reason...

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

2 Ne. 2: 27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life,through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

I realize I have not walked in everyman's shoes and do not have the slightest idea of what it means to be you and I've learned that it's when we start to realize that not everyone we come into contact with is experiencing the same reality or even something close to our own, that things start to make sense in ways we didn't consider before.

I have no right to condemn anything anyone chooses to do.

I am very zealous to become "right" myself and anything that does not fit into that picture can not be tolerated.

My main concern is that our actions and behavior benefit our world and thus benefit us. I want us to heal. To bury age old animosities and move onward in good faith. I don't want us to be stuck in our own pride trying to prove what is obviously wrong to be right or to give it a place in our lives. I want to denounce the old and herald the new.

I have no concern for myself if what I choose to do causes others to stumble or fall. And I will not tolerate negative influences around children who don't know any better and have real hope. The generation being born now have enough to deal with in the outside world without having to come home to a "broken" and tumultuous household. A house divided cannot stand.

I'm trying to make my own way "straight" and I'd like everyone in our world to do the same for their sake, if not for our own.

Ideally, I'd like them to have a world free of all influences so that they might create their own reality, but if the choice is between deadly influences and those that honor life, I'd rather they have Life.

I realize that being "wrong" or "bad" is not always wrong or bad, and that sometimes it is necessary to do things and make choices that cannot be justified in that moment. I hope that we can all find forgiveness of and in ourselves for the things we have done to ourselves and one another. Healing and making right judgments is a lot more difficult and takes a lot more strength than any of us realize. If we could all be in agreement it would be easy as a walk in the park.

We must try to understand our "needs" and not try to make anything wrong seem "normal" or acceptable and excusable. Those of us who have "fallen" need help. Admitting that we have fallen allows those who have not to help us. "Tender Mercies."

We must protect the living rightly, and that means admitting to what is wrong and teaching them at our expense how and what to avoid so that they do not make the same mistakes. Even if I have become a slave to sin I wont makes others slaves even if it brings me pleasure or even relief.

That my dear fight club adherents, is strength and courage, not enduring a punishment as a buffoon would, in order to punish others and take yet another punishment upon punishment, but to endure punishment, and learn from it and avoid it and help others to do the same. To help the least escape the nasties.

I hope to make this stand with all those about me and with me.

2 Nephi 1-17 AND now, my beloved brethren, I have read these things that ye might know concerning the covenants of the Lord that he has covenanted with all the house of Israel—
That he has spoken unto the Jews, by the mouth of his holy prophets, even from the beginning down, from generation to generation, until the time comes that they shall be restored to the true church and fold of God; when they shall be gathered home to the lands of their inheritance, and shall be established in all their lands of promise.
Behold, my beloved brethren, I speak unto you these things that ye may rejoice, and lift up your heads forever, because of the blessings which the Lord God shall bestow upon your children.
For I know that ye have searched much, many of you, to know of things to come; wherefore I know that ye know that our flesh must waste away and die; nevertheless, in our bodies we shall see God.
Yea, I know that ye know that in the body he shall show himself unto those at Jerusalem, from whence we came; for it is expedient that it should be among them; for it behooveth the great Creator that he suffereth himself to become subject unto man in the flesh, and die for all men, that all men might become subject unto him.
For as death hath passed upon all men, tofulfil the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.
Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its [grave] earth, to rise no more.
O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace! For behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil, to rise no more.
And our spirits must have become like unto him, and we become devils, angels to a devil, to be shut out from the presence of our God, and to remain with the father of lies, in misery, like unto himself; yea, to that being who beguiled our first parents, who transformeth himself nigh unto an angel of light, and stirreth up the children of men unto secret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness.
O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit.
And because of the way of deliverance of our God, the Holy One of Israel, this death, of which I have spoken, which is the temporal, shall deliver up its dead; which death is the grave.
And this death of which I have spoken, which is the spiritual death, shall deliver up its dead; which spiritual death is hell; wherefore, death and hell must deliver up their dead, and hell must deliver up its captive spirits, and the grave must deliver up its captive bodies, and the bodies and the spirits of men will be restored one to the other; and it is by the power of the resurrection of the Holy One of Israel.

O how great the plan of our God! For on the other hand, the paradise of God must deliver up the spirits of the righteous, and the grave deliver up the body of the righteous; and the spirit and the body is restored to itself again, and all men become incorruptible, and immortal, and they are living souls, having a perfect knowledge like unto us in the flesh, save it be that ourknowledge shall be perfect.
Wherefore, we shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, and our uncleanness, and our nakedness; and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment, and their righteousness, being clothed with purity, yea, even with the robe of righteousness.
And it shall come to pass that when all men shall have passed from this first death unto life, insomuch as they have become immortal, they must appear before the judgment-seat of the Holy One of Israel; and then cometh the judgment, and then must they be judged according to the holy judgment of God.
And assuredly, as the Lord liveth, for the Lord God hath spoken it, and it is his eternal word, which cannot pass away, that they who are righteous shall be righteous still, and they who are filthy shall be filthy still; wherefore, they who are filthy are the devil and his angels; and they shall go away into everlasting fire, prepared for them; and their torment is as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever and has no end.
O the greatness and the justice of our God! For he executeth all his words, and they have gone forth out of his mouth, and his law must be fulfilled.

 

Psa 23:1-6 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.  
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

 

No comments: