Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Good News for Josephites

One may run for as long as they like and everytime they Scripture from the BoM just claim it's false according to a few misused verses from the bible, I did the same myself, but sooner or later you'll have to actually investigate and test it and that is when you will know. I finally realized it was my pride and falsehood that was denying the BoM. Men are very quick to believe anything that confirms what they already "know" and feel to be right about themselves and their situation. But what does God say?

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

The BoM helped me see that I was "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:" (Rev 3:17) It was a profound revelation for me, because it wrought real change in me, I had to start living what I was preaching/reading/feeling...Before this I was unsteady and just relying on throwing His Word at everything to cover me, but I wasn't covered, I realized I had to change and do what I was saying. And I never would have changed, I would have allowed my foolish pride to lead me unto the grave swearing the whole way I was "saved."

If the BoM did nothing more than this, it is to be praised by men and angels.

 

1 Ne. 6: 4

For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.

 

1 Ne. 13: 37

And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.

 

1 Ne. 13: 40

And the angel spake unto me, saying: These last records, which thou hast seen among the Gentiles, shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; and shall make known to all kindreds, tongues, and people, that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him, or they cannot be saved.

 

1 Ne. 15: 14

And at that day shall the remnant of our seed know that they are of the house of Israel, and that they are the covenant people of the Lord; and then shall they know and come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and also to the knowledge of the Gospel of their Redeemer, which was ministered unto their fathers by him; wherefore, they shall come to the knowledge of their Redeemer and the very points of his doctrine, that they may know how to come unto him and be saved.

 

1 Ne. 22: 31

Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. If ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen.

 

What we have is over 2000 years of some trying to do His Will any MANY more trying to bar their way, insult, detract, make stumble, etc., these people.


Mormons are NOT the chosen Jews, but they are chosen to do what they have done and are doing for Him.
I know what they are being used for and I agree with it because it is what the Lord wants.
They are learning as they mature and enter a new age. As we all are. And as I have said in the past, they will be the reason for the reunion of the tribes of Israel, not because they do everything right, but because God Wills it. A great number of them LOVE the Lord while others have been ashamed of Him, to their everlasting shame. His own got carried away with the fact that they could get away with anything or so they thought as long as the Lord was with them. Guess what? The Lord put them off the day they brought this into their hearts. They were proud, while the Mormons were being laughed at. The Mormons are also guilty of Pride. Like I said, they are learning, but God knows what He created them for. If they are to be Israel's police, so be it.

What we ought ALWAYS to do is preach the gospel of reconciliation.

Is Christ not the teacher of all?

Christians are Christians no matter what sect or background you come from it is time to start doing what He asks of us, and to put aside all manner of argument and disgruntled feelings and just live to Him.

That is the sad history of America and I always tend to side with anyone who says, "Lord, it's my fault, I'm a sinner, forgive me," rather than the finger that points and says "It was his fault, not me, they're lying," or whatever...

It's actions that count, and we're all guilty and fall short...

And if you'll look a little at what Joseph Smith and the LDS tried to do and the difficulty they always had and the fact that he was murdered you have to know, it was not what they were trying to do that is wrong but those who did not help them do what they were trying to do, whether it be to correct what they got wrong or build up what they did right. Tale bearers accomplish nothing.

If history does not vindicate the Mormons, common sense shall have to.

No comments: