Thursday, March 17, 2005

The First Commandment

The First Recorded Commandment for man in the Bible was given on the Sixth Day of Creation and was not reffered to as a Commandment but as a Blessing; it was:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

And a birthday gift:

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Note: No cake.

Now, the first Commandment was simple and was an act of Love and Protection:

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Simple, eat what is good and live, eat what is bad and die.

Naked peoples!!!!

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Imagine that!?!

Now enter, sin, envy, stupidity and Death...and what have we reaped?

Victoria's Secret and Howard Stern.

The Woman, Eve, in her defense, just desired wisdom, it was a virtuous desire, but True Wisdom had already been bestowed upon her and it was simplicity of Life Itself, Pure, Innocent and Exultant Bliss.

"Be fruitful, and multiply..."

What has the world come to?!

Abstinence only teaching and AIDS!!!

WTH, people?

Paradise...Lost...Avalon...Forsaken...

Fallen mankind became so bloodthirsty and stupid, they had to be told, "Don't kill, don't lie, don't steal, don't etc., etc., etc..."

Wherefore all these "thou shalt nots?"

Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Open your hearts...

Love covereth and forgiveth...

Pro 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Pro 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth [very] friends.

Psa 103:2-5 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good [things; so that] thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Again the diet. He puts us back in the Garden and points us back toward the good fruit and away from the bad...sins forgiven...

 

Luk 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet:

but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped [them] with the hairs of her head.

Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.

And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

 

Why? She returned to the Garden and though the flaming sword still barred her way, yet outside the garden she found salvation.

Mal 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept [them]. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

How?

Ecc 11:5 As thou knowest not what [is] the way of the spirit, [nor] how the bones [do grow] in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

But wait...

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Which way do we go?

Jhn 14:4-7 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Only One Way, Only One God...

Simplicity at it's Finest...Oh, the ease of It!!! So easy, we say it must be wrong!

It's too late! We're unclean! He can't cleanse us! I'mDeath now, there's no way out!!

Vanity! Absurd ego!

He is Almighty!

Doubt not!

Mat 15:10-11, 17-20 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are [the things] which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Rom 7:14-25 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

 

It's so complicated!!!!!

It isn't but we think like Eve, we desire to be smart and known as wise and clever, but there is no wisdom that can do away with the reality of God.

And His Way...?

Mat 11:30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

Easy!

Back to the Wilderness where God's People became so blasphemously stupid in sin that the Commandments came...

1 Nephi 17:41 And he did straiten them in the wilderness with his rod;for they hardened their hearts, even as ye have; and the Lord straitened them because of their iniquity. He sent fiery flying serpents among them; and after they were bitten he prepared a way that they might be healed;and the labor which they had to perform was to look; and because of the simpleness of the way, or the easiness of it, there were many who perished.

Talk about ease in performance! All they had to do was look! Just look and live...

Alma 37:46-47 O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell.

 

What follows, is truly miraculous...Those who were unclean are made clean and believe with more passion and righteousness than those who were clean and believed but have become wicked...They never really loved God and only served the Churches because they wanted personal glory or gain...While those who were ignorant of His Knowledge and Teaching have seen what they were missing and desire to be made Whole and Complete by that Power, and are willing to forsake the world for Him.

Hel. 6:35-39 And thus we see that the Spirit of the Lord began to withdraw from the Nephites, because of the wickedness and the hardness of their hearts.

And the Lord began to pour out his Spirit upon the Lamanites, because of their easiness and willingness to believe in his words.

And the Lamanites did hunt the band of robbers of Gadianton (again, a spirit like unto Ronald Reagan); and they did preach the word of God among the more wicked part of them, insomuch that this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites.

And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet andsmite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.

And they were in an awful state, and ripening for an everlasting destruction.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Cr 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

See? When one has "fallen," a McDonald's in one's neighborhood can seem more important and essential than a church or meetinghouse. Verily, I say unto you, the opposite is true, congregating and fellowship is never more important than when you need help and God's assistance and direction. As long as you are useful and healthy, you are free and of no use to the world (humanity so-called) and Satan. Death must enter you and control you to make you of use to this world. But if you remain sinless and healthy, you remain free...If you "fall," and most do, be very humble, and plead your case to the LORD, who hears his people's prayers no matter where they are or how far they've fallen...

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Col 3:12-14 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

No comments: