Friday, July 1, 2005

Part 3 of 3...

I know the soldiers at Military.com have the authority to ban me, and some day they may even have the authority to crucify people like me.
Yet, Ultimate Authority still belongs to God and Christ.
Christ finished His Mission on earth before the evil was permitted to crucify him.
They had to wait and listen to him preach the entire Gospel before they could do anything.
And I thank God for that.
And I thank God they were allowed to crucify Him or no one could be saved, and we would have nothing worth having in the world.
If I obey God's Law the chances of me breaking man's laws are very small indeed. Unless man's law demands me to deny Him and His Law, which is becoming increasingly possible and likely because of our so-called "freedoms," and "man's law."
I thank those soldiers for permitting me to take part in these discussions, to shed a little light here and there. It shows there are indeed more honorable men and women in our military than there are people claiming Christ on the Internet, because I have been banned by every website forum claiming service to Christ that I've tried to take part in on the WWW. Although they did suspend me and then ask me back, I could not return because of His Word. (Mark 6:11)
You have the right to deny me anytime.
You have the right to deny Christ anytime.
And I, as an American, have the "right to remain silent."
But Jesus Christ was crucified to make us brothers and to be able to love one another and Him.
I do love you, as a brother and as an enemy of God if I must.

Mat 5:44-45

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

 

Lev 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and [in his] Father's, and of the holy angels.

 

Christ and God would never force anyone to come to Him, nor condemn them for going astray. He came to die for and save sinners to bring them back to God and reconcile them through His Atoning Sacrifice and Blood shed for us.
That is why soldiers throughout history were willing to die for one another.
I am in tears, yet I marvel not.


1Jo 3:13-16 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

 

Perhaps I should have tread a little softer being new to these forums, but I did not expect such disapproval. I'm naive that way. But it's Hope and Faith that makes me so.

But after all, I did not mean to judge anyone and it is not my place to do so. And particularly in the arena of the Military, whose job is already a difficult and frequently violent one.
I'm sure many soldiers would rather not have to do what they have to do, what nevertheless is their duty, and anyone's judgment does not help or take away the task that must be done.
I am not a good person and boast of no more than being a recipient of God's fogiveness and restoration.

Indeed, I have been vile in the eyes of the entire congregation of believers. What can I say? It is to fulfill Scripture and that is all that matters.

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.

Solomon had many wives and concubines and was condemned for each one that was not his Bride. But the real sin, the one that cost him the Kingdom was the adultery he commit against God and I will not repeat that mistake. I don't care if it costs me my life, wife, family, friends and neighbors and all the worldly goods, opportunities and riches under heaven. And what keeps this Nation out of the Pit and from being destroyed and cutoff is that decision, however unworthy of the praise of men it might be, and however many curse God and wish to die because of it. And that may be precisely the reason God has chosen to honor me and no more than that. If I could boast of anything, I would probably not have received anything either.

1Cr 1:23-29 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

That no flesh should glory in his presence.

 

Ether 12:26b-28 Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.


Why I started posting on Military.com was because I do have a love for soldiers and any willing to give their lives for their brothers or others who enjoy their protection and honorable service to a worthy Nation of Believers.

I owe you all a debt of gratitude, and I thank you and admire you for all you are willing to do to protect and serve all who love and appreciate you and even those who do not.

There is nothing wrong with being a soldier.

There is something wrong with putting soldiers in harms way or ordering them to do wrong and betray who they are and why they joined the Military.
I would never do so.

You know why you do what you do and you may not even like half of the things you must do as part of your service to your country. You may not even like yourselves somedays, and I can relate to that. Some may not even want to be known for who they really are. And that is their choice and freedom. Most of you, I am sure, have every reason to be proud of who you are and show this to the world everyday. I envy that.
And all of this is your decision, not mine.

Deception and sin is what I hate. I hate no man.
So, I forego what men might want me to believe more often than not. I see this as a wise solution to being raised in a world where brother often betrays brother.
I go straight to the root of the problem, as I see it, which is men governed by men rather than God.

You have already noted that I do not know what governments in other countries are like and it is because they were founded by men without faith in Christ; but without God we can't have anything worth protecting in this country.

Back in the days of the Old Testament, this was know as "Goshen," a small community of maybe 70 Jews that grew into many, whom the whole world saw and knew to be a blessing looked after by the very Hand of God. Nothing could terrorize these people because God Himself was their Shepherd.

If violent people are what it takes to protect this agreement and even ten souls, or even one, willing to live and worship God as He commands in the Latter-days, then such will be. And the day they remove themselves from your presence or the day you oust them from it, is the day you will be destroyed for all our sins, not they.

Alma 10: 22 Yea, and I say unto you that if it were not for the prayers of the righteous, who are now in the land, that ye would even now be visited with utter destruction; yet it would not be by flood, as were the people in the days of Noah, but it would be by famine, and by pestilence, and the sword.

Hel. 13: 14 But behold, it is for the righteous’ sake that it is spared. But behold, the time cometh, saith the Lord, that when ye shall cast out the righteous from among you, then shall ye be ripe for destruction; yea, wo be unto this great city, because of the wickedness and abominations which are in her.


I think worse than anyone such as I who criticizes the Military in honest love for the same are those who waste the protection and freedom they enjoy because of the same on unworthy or criminal/sinful living or use it to worship themselves and various "lifestyles."

At least I am willing to strive to be the best citizen and comrade to my Nation that I can be because of my willingness to obey God's Commandments. I don't become part of the problem but strive to be part of the solution that is possible because men are willing to protect that which is worthy.

And since I am willing to forgive them if and when they fail, I expect the same when I am in error or fail to live up to the expectations of a man of God.

With that being said, I would ask your forgiveness if I offended any in anyway and would have you know it was and is not my intention to do so.

Our Nation is a beautiful nation, with the richest Heritage of any ever born in Christ Our Lord and His People's selfless desire to do no more than be living Testimonies of His Perfect Being.

If people weren't so violently opposed to honoring this Covenant, soldiers would probably be out of a job. Which is not the worst thing that could happen.

But since many are willing to be disobedient and unwilling to love their neighbors and brothers, they create the need for a Military to protect them and their unworthy lifestyles even while they work to sabatoge the Liberty His People make possible, and for this service to your country as well as the more noble service you attend to, I do thank you.
Because these unthankful cretins who enjoy the same freedoms I enjoy but are a positive threat to the same, and are unthankful and for the most part unaware of the service which you do them and I and yourselves. I apologize on their behalf as well, and pray for them to turn their lives around and live worthy lives for this nation and to make your jobs somewhat easier and much more enjoyable; that you might reap greater and better rewards for your service to this nation under God which must indeed grow to be indivisible once more, with Liberty and Justice for all.

May these verses offer some little encouragement if not Faith for they are the very words of a prophet for this period of these our Latter-days and as such can be trusted as sure and secure as the sun setting in the west, even as it rose in the east.

Alma 53:17-21 And they entered into a covenant to fight for the liberty of the Nephites, yea, to protect the land unto the laying down of their lives; yea, even they covenanted that they never would give up their liberty, but they would fight in all cases to protect the Nephites and themselves from bondage.
Now behold, there were two thousand of those young men, who entered into this covenant and took their weapons of war to defend their country.
And now behold, as they never had hitherto been a disadvantage to the Nephites, they became now at this period of time also a great support; for they took their weapons of war, and they would that Helaman (only soldiers know who this is) should be their leader.
And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.
Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.


Amen


Something that is Eternal and Absolute needs no historical context to shed light upon every situation and circumstance. I am aware of the historical context however, and know exactly whom it refers to.

You'll know what it is to be a disciple, when the world hates you and when you are considered crazy and shunned by the mob/majority.


D&C 88: 133
Art thou a brother or brethren? I salute you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, in token or remembrance of the everlasting covenant, in which covenant I receive you to fellowship, in a determination that is fixed, immovable, and unchangeable, to be your friend and brother through the grace of God in the bonds of love, to walk in all the commandments of God blameless, in thanksgiving, forever and ever. Amen.



Psa 135:13 Thy name, O LORD, [endureth] for ever; [and] thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.

 

Get ready for the hardest war you're ever going to have to be part of...

Mormon 2:12-15 And it came to pass that when I, Mormon, saw their lamentation and their mourning and their sorrow before the Lord, my heart did begin to rejoice within me, knowing the mercies and the long-suffering of the Lord, therefore supposing that he would be merciful unto them that they would again become a righteous people.

But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin.

And they did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives.

And it came to pass that my sorrow did return unto me again, and I saw that the day of grace was passed with them, both temporally and spiritually; for I saw thousands of them hewn down in open rebellion against their God, and heaped up as dung upon the face of the land.

 

Whose side are you on?

No comments: