Friday, October 15, 2004

Chivalry Part II

An Heritage is the Singular Product and Reward of a long life lived Faithfully. It's Richness is unmatched in all the world.

I really think chivalry is immensely important and should be encouraged in young boys. It's really quite natural and just feels good. My grandmother encouraged manners and etiquette in me, and it proved to be phenomenally healthy and good for me. I only wish I had her around more often because I got lazy being raised without any parental guidance or even observation. It also provided a means of closing the generation gap between my grandmother and myself and helped us develop a very loving, charming relationship.

But I always felt wonderful around her because she encouraged me to be a gentleman. Open doors for her, pull out chairs, sit up straight, proper table manners, and language skills were developed when around her...I felt superior to the me I was when away from her...and guilty when I'd let her down...It was just a very healthy relationship and I'll always be grateful for it.

I expressed the same manners when I started dating and had a greater respect for women when I could treat them with chivalry and respect.

When I fell into sinful living, I felt terrible and became unhealthy in body and mind...and because I was not encouraged to stop living a lazy, selfish lifestyle, I gave in to it more often than not, and I became self loathing and isolated. Eventually it led me to suicide but there was something more akin to murder about it.

The Old ways are often the best. If we could somehow live them out in our current day reality in which we are suffocating in technology overload, we might attain to greatness.

Because when I think of treating my grandmother, mother or sister like a current day web whore, I feel like trash myself, and all this technology feels like a curse rather than the solution it can be.

Which brings me to why this seems to have happened.

Men have found a willing, open partner in the Whore more often then in a real woman. Or I would say, boyz who are stunted and unable to attain to manhood. Sooner becoming whores themselves rather than anything worthwhile. But then what is worthwhile?

Whenever a man wishes to experience romance or intimacy with his counterpart, there's another teenybopper, running around half nude, rushing herself to an early grave...The girlz I see online at some webcam girl sites or whatever, in daily news items, they have this vapid, absent look on their faces and their skin is so disgusting and ravaged by tanning and poor diets that, by their teen years, they resemble diseased sides of beef, 100 years old before their 20.

In the Olde World, women were prized for exactly the opposite reasons, health and fair skin, and vitality were considered beautiful...But now, because of the same reasons I became a loathsome sort of man, because I was not encouraged to respect women and live a wholesome life, most men are lazy bastards who would just as soon bed down with a diseased side of beef, and go to pot in a diseased bed of iniquity rather than even attempt to better themselves or their children...It's got to start with an extreme level of honesty that hurts and feels all wrong if we're gonna escape Hell. We've been living in the stupidest sort of denial for too long and too many people encourage it and seek shelter and their daily bread in it, which is what leads to a nation dying on atkins diets, while pulling their chains looking at photos of naked strangers online...

Is this the gift of feminism? Is this the gift of equal rights in the home and workplace?

Is chivalry so chauvinistic and repressive after all? Or is it exactly the price of liberating women? Otherwise, why not just club them over the head an drag them back to our caves?

You see, my grandmother encouraged it. I had very little dialogue with my grandfather.

Now if my Dad, who was always absent or my grandfather had encouraged me to be so, it may have come with a chauvinistic, pigheaded bent. My Dad, in particular, could be very hateful towards women, although I would find out much later he had very valid reasons for being so, and that his very pigheadedness was his screaming effort to help me avoid the snares of the devil in this world, if I had only been as clever as he and maybe I was or am but my pride would work the same ruin it did in him...and will in every male that cannot humble himself and seek the Lord early.

But it was my grandmother and she was an unbelievably strong minded soul.

I've always held a romantic view of history and worldliness and I think it's an important spiritual matter, as far as relating who we as Americans are and what we have sought to become in the eyes of the world, that America was founded by greater men who loved Jesus Christ with all their hearts and minds and souls, and that all of our grandparents and their grandparents were church going folk who believed and knew the importance of the Gospel and that every little town and hamlet, city and nation, worldwide, they all sprang from a single act of violence at Calvary over 2000 years ago.

So to slight my grandmother, or sister or mother's worth by demanding that she spread her legs on the internet to pay the bills or that she work for a high profile company and end up in prison or house arrest like what's her face there, the Stewart Diva, rather than respect her for who she is, which is My Mother, Sister, grandmother, wife, helpmate, Eve to my Adam in the garden, this is hateful madness...

How shall we escape? Certainly not by encouraging Whoredom.

Because it is not the women who are going to suffer for it, although they will, and will feel justified because of that, but it is the men who are subject to judgment for Whoredom, not women and women who are caught in that situation must take advantage of this fact, else submit to worse than they already do suffer as whores.

Hosea 4:14

"I will not punish your daughters

when they turn to prostitution,

nor your daughters-in-law

when they commit adultery,

because the men themselves consort with harlots

and sacrifice with shrine prostitutes-

a people without understanding will come to ruin!"

Chivalry must spring from this mindset or it is not chivalry to me...

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

It must betray a man's heart and break it to pieces to look at another woman thus, or he's not being chivalric, in my eyes, and yet the flesh is weak, and none attain to the Glory of God and not even Jesus claimed to be good.

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none [is] good, save one, [that is], God.

Neh. 13:26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.

Paul gives us a phenomenal experience of a man struggling with the sins the flesh is heir to...

Rom 7:1-25 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but ifher husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead.

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death.

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

 

And here we are, very much boys raised by their mother's like Tyler Durden in Fight Club, seeking to somehow avoid the madness the character of that film falls into...and somehow creep out of the Pit of misery and madness that so many are digging for one another...

Were we wrong to be youthful and stupid, and ignorantly give way to lust and avarice? Maybe, but in our reasoning, it was justified...and seemed encouraged by the society which we inherited at conception.

Is there a way out? YES! Through Christ. For...

2Ti 2:19-26 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women, Jacob 2: 28

No comments: